This program is designed to help young people (ages 14 to 18) learn leadership and to give them an entry point into a lifetime of leading and giving through service. The program includes formal training, guided experience, and service opportunities.
The training will include sessions on spiritual leadership, recreational leadership and safety, needs and differences in children, team building (challenge course), and responsibilities of leadership. Each participant will have a service role on the support staff, but will also have opportunities during each day to assist in leading and working with the campers.
The program is limited in enrollment. While each youth will have a great time, it is a time of switching gears to where it is no longer “all about me”… it is “all about others.” The camps senior staff will guide and mentor the young people through the training and the week of practical assignment. If the participant successfully completes the program, they will be considered for an opportunity to return for a week or more in a volunteer junior staff position. It is our desire to help young people become equipped to serve as excellent leaders wherever God may lead them in the future.
- High School Student.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior.
- Willingness to mature and grow as a Christian.
- Capability to take and follow instructions; responding well to leadership. Must enjoy and work well with CHILDREN!
- Good self-concept reflected in appearance, behavior, and relationships with others.
- All students are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the goals and ministry of Camp Beechpoint.
- All staff are expected to be subject to regulations regarding lights out, automobiles, tidiness, and neatness of dress.
How you will serve
- Assist program staff with group activities and special events: cook-outs, bonfires, group games, SPLASH & BLAST, etc.
- Assist and participate in waterfront activities: swimming, boating, tubing, and fishing.
- Assist with dining hall duties.
- Assist with cabin group activities