Beechpoint Christian Camp’s primary purpose is to reach urban youth with the gospel of Jesus Christ through a quality Christian camping experience. This is achieved through programs which provide campers with an environment to learn and practice Christ-like principles and to see Christ’s love demonstrated.
It is Beechpoint Christian Camp’s desire that children and adults from all walks of life can experience and know Christ’s love for them, so that they will be encouraged through a discipling program.
“Follow the truth at all times-speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly-and so become more in every way like Christ…” Ephesians 4:15, Living Bible>
Beechpoint was transformed from a country lodge into a Christian children’s camp in 1959. The late Mrs. Philip Armour, of Armour Meats, helped in the original purchase and programming of the new venture.
Many lives were impacted positively by this outreach until the early 1970’s. Beechpoint fell into silent years during almost a decade of inactivity. A second infancy began on these eighty-three acres in 1980, with a renewed vision, focused leadership, and dedication to excellence. Summer camp has grown from only one week and twenty campers to over 1000 youth per year who attend summer camps and year-round retreats.
Camp Beechpoint has grown its depth of effectiveness in recent years by adding a mentoring program, by developing a leadership training curriculum for urban teens, and by adding character-development programming for young teens and their parents. Services also include team building programs and formal outdoor education for public and private schools.
Hundreds of volunteers, donors, and workers have made great investments to add spectacular buildings, improvements and program tools to camp’s programs. Beechpoint continues to provide for the education and care of children in a natural and protected environment. The impact is amazing as each participant benefits socially, intellectually, physically, and spiritually.
- All Scripture is given by inspiration of God.
- The Godhead eternally exists in three persons, – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The personality and Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Personality and the Deity of the Holy Spirit.
- Man was created in the image of God, after His likeness, as stated in the Word of God, but the whole human race fell with the first Adam.
- That Jesus Christ became the sinner’s substitute before God and died as a propitiatory sacrifice for the sin of the whole world. In the resurrection of the crucified body of Jesus Christ. That Christ, in the fullness of the blessings He has secured by His death and resurrection, is received by faith alone.
- That the Church is composed of all those who truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior. That all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ are called into a life of separation from worldly and sinful practices.
- In the evangelization of the world.
- In the personal return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- That the souls of the lost remain after death in misery until the final judgment of the great white throne.
- In the reality and personality of Satan.